Friday, January 21, 2011

Our fur baby

When Nate and I first started dating and moved in together, we decided we wanted needed a cat. We scouted some shelters but unfortunately there were no kittens. So, when we saw an ad on Craigslist for free kittens, we jumped on the chance. When we arrived to the house to take a look, we were brought inside into the living room where there was a litter of kittens. All of them were orange and asleep, but there was one gray one that immediately went over to us and started climbing on us. We knew we had to have her. 7 years later, I sometimes ask myself if Smokey is my husband's true love.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not long after we first adopted her on our roommate's cat:

Photobucket

Yin and yang, sort of:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These two have been inseparable since day one:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And how appropriate: my husband just looked at Smokey and said in a baby voice "bye Smokey, papa has to go to work to make money for your wet food."

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fur baby! So sweeeet! Great pictures!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those pictures are ridiculously CUTE! I can't believe the cuddling together. AWWWWW SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! I love the photo of them hugging. =^.^=

    ReplyDelete