Monday, January 17, 2011

Long Weekend

Nate and I started watching Lost. Neither of us ever watched it before and we are seriously addicted. We spent most of our three day weekend watching way too many episodes and are well into season 2 now. Interestingly enough, we went to Woodman's of Essex yesterday for a seafood and antiquing fix and we overheard a couple behind us discussing Lost. We were scared for a minute that they would give away parts that we hadn't seen yet, but it looked like they were behind us.

Anyway, this weekend had some low points. Nothing too serious but it would've been better to not deal with it. First, I read that a Banksy piece sold for $120,000. See here: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/01/11/urban.art.sale/. curiousity killed the cat computer, and after googling "identity of Banksy" I got a Trojan virus. Clever, right? I ended up having to shell out $70 and wasting many hours on the phone trying to fix my computer.

Then today, we discovered that someone hit our car and didn't leave a note. We have a bunch of damage on our front bumper and grill. This is the second time this has happened this year. With a $500 deductible it didn't make sense for us to fix the car last time, but this time I think the damage is much more serious. To you Boston jerks who think you can just hit a car and not leave a note, I really hope Karma exists.

And finally, I happened upon this website which shows bizarre final meals of prisoners:

http://www.mediadump.com/hosted-id120-bizarre-final-dinner-requests-of-death-row-prisoners.html

While I'm on my tirade, people's salaries have been frozen, 401k matches have been cut, and just about every perk is out the window. But these prisoners still get to choose their last meal? Now, I'm against the death penalty, but I also don't understand why, prior to killing someone, some morbid minded person decided to grant these people a last meal. Is the point to make the execution less difficult on the person being executed or those executing him/her? Either way, twisted.

2 comments:

  1. We did the same thing last year with Lost! We watched almost all of the seasons back to back non stop. I think I didn't go to bed some of those nights because I couldn't stop. Let me know what you think when you get through the last season! I've been dying to talk about it to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched seasons 1-5 that way. Oh man, so addictive. Then I got Shawn to start watching and he got about halfway through the whole show and gave up because he thought it was dumb. Ugh. But we watch Dexter and Breaking Bad and other good shows together so it's okay :)

    ReplyDelete