Friday, February 15, 2013

How I have surprised myself

When I posted on a board asking moms of multiples what has surprised them about themselves since the birth of their children, I noticed we all have a lot of the same answers. I know I have surprised myself in more ways than one since I had my munchkins. Here are mine:

1) That I've been able to take care of my twins by myself while my husband works full-time.
2) That I'm able to function on erratic sleep patterns - little to no sleep some nights or lots of broken sleep.
3) My ability to multi-task - I can feed the babies while I simultaneously pump their milk. Or, better yet, I can watch Downton Abbey while I feed and pump...
4) That I'm way LESS Type A with my babies than I ever imagined. For instance, I always thought I would keep their bottles and pacifiers separated at all times, but that went out the window quickly.
5) That I've been able to get my babies on a "schedule" during the day - we follow EASY - http://noobmommy.com/2012/02/e-a-s-y-schedules-cheat-sheet-4-sample-baby-schedules-from-4-weeks-1-yr.html
6) That I'll do absolutely anything, no matter how crazy, to make my babies smile. When I change their diapers I sing this made-up gem to elicit some baby smiles:
"Did you kaka like a guanaco?
Did you pee like a bee?
Did you poo like a kangaroo?
Did you tinkle like Rip Van Winkle?"
7) That I have no issue leaving my kids alone (with my parents that is). I was sure I wouldn't let anyone watch them for the first year, but I practically run out the door when they get here :)

And a photo from a couple days after their birth vs now. They don't look like this at all anymore:

{6fc18fe0-30d7-448a-88df-978546c45024}_14

Taken approx. 1.5 weeks ago (the babies were 11.5 weeks):

hannah.jacob thennow

They're growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment