Thursday, February 14, 2013

A product review for twins

My twins are 13 weeks tomorrow and I thought I'd write up a recap on the best products that we've encountered. I'll start with my favorite.

1) Rock n plays - register for 2 of these! Our babies absolutely love these and have slept in them since the first day. The Rock n Plays that we registered for and received are only $62 each right now on Amazon. They are so light you can easily lug them from room to room and they fold so you can bring them with you if you are going somewhere overnight. They are also inclined which I swear has helped the babies with their digestive systems/lack of tummy issues. It'll be the best money you ever spent, I promise. rnps
 http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Deluxe-Newborn-Sleeper-Snugabunny/dp/B00A4B35I4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1360847923&sr=8-3&keywords=rock+n+play

2) Fisher Price Swing - We registered for two snugabunny swings and received them. You definitely only need one. We haven't gotten as much use out of these as I hoped, but there have definitely been times where the swing was the only way to go for a much needed nap. These are $100 each on amazon. swing
 http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Cradle-Swing-Little-Snugabunny/dp/B0042D69WY/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1360848666&sr=1-1&keywords=lamb+swing

3) Boppy Newborn Lounger - get two of these! We love them and have been using them since we brought the babies home from the hospital. They are great for feeding the babies at the same time but the babies also love just lounging around in them. $25 each on amazon: boppy2 boppy
 http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Newborn-Lounger-Seed-Row/dp/B002WDAW5Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1360848775&sr=1-1&keywords=boppy+newborn+lounger

 4) Tiny Love Activity Gym - you only need one of these. If I feel that both babies want to do the activity mat, I just plop them both on it. Great for teaching them to grasp for objects as well as for tummy time. $50 on amazon.
 playmat
http://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Love-Deluxe-Lights-Activity/dp/B000067K0L/ref=sr_1_9?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1360848916&sr=1-9&keywords=playmat

5) Summer Infant 3 Stage Super Seat - get one! We bought a bumbo at a yard sale but I just ordered one of these and it is 10x better. I'd skip the bumbos completely in favor of the summer infant seat. A bumbo: bumbo
Not only can the baby use it to learn how to sit, he/she can also play with toys that are on a tray that surround it. And finally, it can be converted to a booster seat down the road. There is also a snack tray on it. $36 on amazon.
 summerinfant
 http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Stage-Super-Seat/dp/B001NJC5QY/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1360849146&sr=1-1&keywords=summer+infant+3+stage+super+seat

6) Noggin nest head support - get two of these!! I wish I knew about these from the start. Our baby boy has preferred looking to one side since birth. This keeps the head from getting flat. You can stick it in the rock n play, the swing.. anywhere. $14.99 each on amazon. nogginnest

http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Noggin-Support-Brown-Wheels/dp/B001O9F6M8/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1360849440&sr=1-1&keywords=noggin+nest

I'll update this post as I have more time.

3 comments:

  1. Visiting poster from The Bump :)! I'm a soon-to-be MoM and just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience. I'll definitely keep this info in mind as we register.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so happy using all that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for share this article, it very useful for me.
    I look forward to your new article.
    Extra resources

    ReplyDelete