Monday, May 31, 2010

Balcony makeover and did we really buy that?

My husband and I apparently have a new addiction. We are obsessed with dirt, seeds, and plants. I suppose that's better than drugs or alcohol..

Aside from flowers, we are now also growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, basil, oregano, thyme, and chives.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And we're the proud new owners of this cheap but delightful patio set from Ikea:

Photobucket

Yesterday, we happened upon a yard sale (okay, a definite out of our way kind of effort was made to go there) and the guy was selling a red box. We bought it:

Photobucket

But wait.. there was something in the red box. Any guesses? It's a...

Photobucket

Neither of us has ever played a trumpet but for $50, we decided to see if either of us would ever play one in the future. My husband has been "playing" it and sometimes I wonder why I am hearing elephant noises till I realize there is a definite learning curve with this thing. Our neighbors must hate us.

No comments:

Post a Comment