Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My favorite gift

I'm home sick from work today so I decided to play the role of a good housewife and prepare a delicious dinner. I have to admit it's kind of fun playing that role, but I'd have to be a "cooking only" housewife because there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about cleaning.

Anyway, as a gift last year my mom and dad bought my husband and I a Le Creuset French Oven (similar to the one below) and it has become our favorite kitchen item.

Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 3-1/2-Quart Oval French Oven, Flame

I decided to make beef stew in the Le Creuset to use up some of our potatoes. It's currently simmering away and should be ready in a couple of hours.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That looks yum! I agree on the housewife thing and when I'm home sick for a couple of days I day dream about being a stay-at-home wife and then I realize that I would probably go mad after a week or two.

    ReplyDelete