Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Taking the plunge

For those of you who know me, it probably isn't all that surprising that I'm finally starting my own business. I've wanted to start my own business for years, but I never actually had the most important attribute for any start-up: the courage to put my money behind the idea and to go for it. I can't share the details yet, but the website will probably be done in a week or so and then we will start tweaking and testing. I'm brimming with excitement, eager to see if the idea will take off. Someone recommended I read this book, so I'm thinking about ordering it:

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It

If anyone has any other recommendations for books to read, I'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! Is the website posted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet. I purchased the domain name but it won't be up until it's complete.

    ReplyDelete