Friday, June 11, 2010

Testing in America

My work signed me up for a class on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. I had 30 days to take an exam following the classes, but decided to schedule it for Thursday. Anyway, I got to the testing site early in the morning and walked into the waiting room. There was a fairly long line to the front and lots of people were sitting down in chairs waiting. The first thing I heard was "everyone, put your study materials away. You are not allowed to study in here." Okay, why? We weren't in the testing room. We were waiting to check in. I know I got there pretty early and it would have been nice to refresh. Between the time you checked in and got called up, there was a good 30 minutes which could have equated to some pretty nice studying time.

What happened next leaves me speechless. Every single person, after showing a state driver's license or passport (your two options) was also fingerprinted. So why is it enough to show your photo identification at the airport, but not enough to take an exam? I'm not sure but I have to say that I felt somewhat violated getting fingerprinted twice. And it also bothers me that they didn't say they would discard my information after. Anyway, the experience was awful. I don't want to get into it more but I'm telling you that I would rather go through airport security any day over taking a test with Pearson. The good news is I passed the exam. The bad news is I have 8 more to go.

On a brighter note, you still have tonight to head on over and enter the giveaway on my blog. Details can be found here: http://whistlingbird.blogspot.com/2010/06/giveaway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment