Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cape fun

My husband and I went to Cape Cod this weekend to go mushrooming with my parents. We woke up bright and early Saturday morning and went to a super secret mushrooming location. It looked like we had been beaten to the location by other mushroom hunters but after about 3 hours of hiking, we found a ton of mushrooms. There is something really satisfying about going for a nature hike and finding huge edible mushroom along the way. Oh, and cranberries! We even found some wild cranberries.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, as if that wasn't enough, we then headed to the Wellfleet Oyster Festival. It was so crowded but seeing my husband in oyster heaven was great. Check out this action shot:

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Those mushrooms are ginormous! Now that I actually like mushrooms I've been wanting someone to take me mushroom hunting. I'm jealous. What did you make with them?

    ReplyDelete